Brisbane’s new-build market is set to fire in 2017. Picture: Jodie RichterTHE Housing Industry Association (HIA) says their latest analysis confirms 2017 will be a great year for new Brisbane property.The comments follow the release of their latest New Home Sales Report which reveals Queensland saw increased sales activity at the end of 2016.The figures show a jump of 8.8 per cent in new-home sale volumes during the final quarter of 2016 – an increase of 1.6 per cent on the previous year’s result.Warwick Temby, a director at HIA Queensland, said property market naysayers would be proved wrong.“I think it’s telling you that the market is vibrant and there’s still lots of opportunity there as either a homeowner or an investor, and that all of the doomsayers out there who are predicting bubbles bursting and all that sort of stuff have got it wrong again,” he said.More from newsMould, age, not enough to stop 17 bidders fighting for this home3 hours agoBuyers ‘crazy’ not to take govt freebies, says 28-yr-old investor9 hours agoMr Temby said a combination of increased land supply and continued low interest rates are helping fuel buyer enthusiasm, while alternate investment opportunities are weak in comparison.He said these positive outcomes also have a flow-on effect to the renovation market too.“People don’t have to worry so much about the risk of overcapitalising and that sort of thing.”While his comments around detached housing are bullish, Mr Temby is more reserved about the new apartment market.He said this sector is due for a correction with the supply of new apartments having reached saturation point.“The apartment burst has happened – there are still a lot of apartments under construction.“The new stuff coming onto the market has started to slow down dramatically already and we expect to see that continue for a while yet.”
MORE: Get the latest NFL odds & betting trends from Sports InsiderEli Manning over/under 250.5 passing yardsManning hasn’t played since Week 2. He couldn’t lead the Giants to a win in either of their first two games this season, paving the way for Daniel Jones to take over under center for the G Men.When he was on the field, Manning threw often, but he wasn’t very effective. He completed 56 of 89 passes for 556 yards with two touchdowns and two interceptions, averaging just 6.2 YPA in those two games.However, he is likely to throw often against the Eagles. Philadelphia is favored by nine points against the Giants on Monday night, and the Eagles are expected to move the ball with ease on this defense. New York has the fourth worst scoring defense in the NFL, and opponents are averaging 8.0 YPA against this secondary.Additionally, the Giants have the worst turnover margin in the NFL. That would put Big Blue behind the eight ball early, forcing Manning to turn to the air even though a light rain is expected in the City of Brotherly Love tonight.Carson Wentz over/under 248.5 passing yardsWentz has gone over this total in each of his last two games, but he threw the ball 45 times against Seattle and 46 times against Miami. Philadelphia’s star quarterback isn’t expected to throw as much given the impotency of New York’s defense, and the Eagles will want to keep the ball on the ground to avoid injuries to their receivers. DeSean Jackson has missed the last nine games with an abdominal injury, and Alshon Jeffery has missed three games due to injury this season. Jeffery is finally back and was targeted a whopping 16 times last week against Miami, but the Eagles don’t want to tax him and risk him getting hurt considering the massive drop-off in talent at that position. Miles Sanders over/under 61.5 rushing yardsJordan Howard has missed the last three games due to injury for Philly, and he isn’t expected to play on Monday night either. That has opened the door for Miles Sanders to take over as the Eagles’ primary running back, but he hasn’t put up earth moving numbers.The rookie from Penn State has yet to run for 85 yards or more this season, but he received his most carries of the season last week. He was a consistent option against both Seattle and Miami, averaging 5.1 YPC in those two games combined, and he should get plenty of chances against the Giants tonight. With that in mind, bet Sanders’ overs in terms of rushing yards, attempts, and touchdowns. The NFC East is wide open. The worst division in football might have a champion with a losing record at the end of the season as all four teams are currently under .500, and every team is on a losing streak. The division leading Cowboys are on a three-game losing streak, and the Eagles have lost three in a row too.Philadelphia is currently a half-game back of Dallas, and the Eagles will look to pull even with Dallas this weekend when they host the New York Giants. The Giants have the longest losing streak in the NFL with eight straight losses, but Eli Manning is coming back from the bench and out to lead Big Blue to a victory. Saquon Barkley over/under 62.5 rushing yardsBarkley has not had the season that Giants fans or fantasy owners were hoping for in 2019. He is averaging just 4.0 YPC, and he has just 544 rushing yards this season. The Penn State product has not found the end zone since October 27, and his numbers the last month and a half have been abysmal.The return of Manning should provide a boost to Barkley though. Barkley’s two best games of the season were in Week 1 and Week 2 when the veteran signal caller was under center, and he can keep the Eagles’ defense honest. That makes his over here a fantastic play.Saquon Barkley over/under 34.5 receiving yardsIt’s unlikely that Barkley goes over his receiving total though. Although he was targeted 13 times in two games by Manning at the start of the season, he had just 47 total receiving yards in those games. That could provide significant value as some will bet the over and assume Barkley goes over just because they think Manning will continually check down to his star running back.
Doctors believe a woman’s silicone breast implants saved her life after she survived a close-range gunshot wound to the chest.SAGE medical journal published a case study last week where doctors described how a silicone breast implant deflected a bullet away from a 30-year-old woman’s vital organs.The incident took place in Toronto Canada two years ago. The woman suffered a gunshot wound, broken ribs and broken implants. None of her major organs were touched because the implant was likely responsible for deflecting the bullet’s trajectory, which saved her life, doctors said.Medics found the bullet in the woman’s right lower anterior thoracic wall below the right breast.Doctor’s removed the implants and she was cleared by the trauma service.The firearm was never recovered and the shooter remains unknown, according to the report.
Authorities had originally said that 12 people were hurt, but later clarified that two victims were likely counted twice initially. Of the eight individuals who were wounded, some reportedly have non-life-threatening injuries, while others are in critical condition.A Facebook post from the club says Foogiano was scheduled to perform there Saturday night.The rapper is safe, according to a representative.This is a developing story. Courtesy: Foogiano/Instagram Sheriff’s officials say a shooting at a South Carolina nightclub left two people dead and eight others wounded over the weekend.No one was immediately taken into custody following the early Sunday incident at Lavish Lounge.However, a Greenville County sheriff’s representative says they are looking for two people.
Facebook0Tweet0Pin0Submitted by Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife Copalis Beach has been added to the previously announced tentative April razor clam opener. We appreciate your patience as we conducted one additional set of marine toxin tests to ensure the clams are safe to eat. The results are expected no later than April 16. The results of the first round of required testing are below. The specific details of the tentative upcoming opener are:April 19, Thursday, 9:46 a.m.; -0.9 feet; MocrocksApril 20, Friday, 10:37 a.m.; -0.7 feet; MocrocksApril 21, Saturday, 11:34 a.m.; -0.4 feet; Copalis, Long Beach, Twin Harbors, Mocrocks (digging hours will be extended to 1 p.m.)April 22, Sunday, 12:38 p.m.; -0.1 feet; Long Beach, Twin Harbors, Mocrocks (digging hours will be extended to 2 p.m.)More information can be found at: http://wdfw.wa.gov/fishing/shellfish/razorclams/current.html
Sihota, from the Gorge Vale course in Victoria, was 11 shots ahead of Fin Lawlor of North Vancouver.Leo Harper of Burnaby and Matt Hopley of Kelowna finished in a tie for third at 223.Jackson Jacob of Fort Langley finished fifth at 224.Nic Jenner of Castlegar was the top local player, carding an 80 on Day three to finish in a tie for six with Paul Kim of Abbotsford at 225.William Watt of Castlegar was the next top local finisher, tied for 34th with a total score of 248.A.J. Roberts of Castlegar finished in 40th spot at 256 while Xander Bankes of Redstone in Rossland was 46th overall at 264.Brendon Makeiv of Balfour improved on Day three of the 54-hole tournament to complete the event with a 307.Sihota and Ethan Posthumus of Coquitlam won the Best-Ball competition while Zone two took home the Team Award by four shots over Zone 4. Claire Lovan and Jeevan Sihota led from wire to wire to capture the BC Juvenile Golf Girl’s and Boy’s Championships Friday at the Granite Pointe course in Nelson.Lovan carded a four-over-par 73 to finish at 224 to capture the Girl’s Title by eight shots over Karen Zhang of Richmond.Zhang finished round three with a six-over-par 79 to hold on to second spot by two shots over Akari Hayashi of Victoria.Chaewon Baek of Langley and Natasha Kozlowski of Prince George finished fourth and fifth, respectively.Meanwhile, on the Boy’s side of the tournament, Sihota was in a class all his own, finishing the day with a two-over-par 74 for a three-round score of 209.
The success of the Indian badminton team has managed to hide one fact that may turn out to be a problem in the future – it does not have a specialist doubles coach.Ajay Kanwar, Vijaydeep Singh and Archana Deodhar, who were contracted till the Commonwealth Games ( CWG), put in their papers just before the commencement of the Games.Sources close to the coaches told Mail Today that they resigned owing to the fact that they didn’t receive any tickets for the CWG. What is also compounding matters is the fact that Atiq Johari, one of the two Indonesian coaches attached with the Indian team, is also going back to his homeland at the end of this year.C Punniah Choudhary, secretary of the Badminton Association of India ( BAI), said that the terms of the three coaches were till the CWG. ” These three coaches, who are also in the national coaching panel, were employed to help out the Indian shuttlers till the CWG. Now that the CWG is over, their tenure is over,” he said, sidestepping the fact that the coaches had resigned prior to the mega event in the Capital.But Choudhary admitted that there was a shortage of doubles coaches in the country. ” There is no denying the fact that we are facing a paucity of doubles coaches. But then, things will be back to normal in a couple of months,” he said.Choudhary also said that though Johari will not be back, the other Indonesian coach assisting the team will be here for another one year. ” The other Indonesian coach, Hadi, is still there. He will be helping out the Indian shuttlers for another year. In fact, Hadi has been of great help to our shuttlers for the last two years,” he said.advertisementChoudhary also said that the BAI was in the process of shortlisting a new panel of coaches, which it hopes will help out the shuttlers till the London Olympics. ” Right now, we are working on preparing a list of coaches whom we can employ till the London Olympics,” he said.However, he did not disclose the names of the coaches. ” The shortlisting of the coaches is in a preliminary stage. We will come out with the names once things are finalised,” he said.SAINA NOT FULLY FIT YETMeanwhile, Saina Nehwal has still not recovered from the ankle injury that kept her out of the Indian Open.” I am just doing weights and other mild exercises. I have been told to resume practice gradually.Also, the cold conditions prevalent in Hyderabad have delayed my recovery a bit,” Saina said.” I will be able to resume training properly in about three to four days.”
ANN ARBOR, MI – OCTOBER 17: Head coach Jim Harbaugh of the Michigan Wolverines reacts during the college football game against the Michigan State Spartans at Michigan Stadium on October 17, 2015 in Ann Arbor, Michigan. The Spartans defeated the Wolverines 27-23. (Photo by Christian Petersen/Getty Images)Michigan football head coach Jim Harbaugh turned 52 today, and the Wolverines aren’t the only ones wishing him a happy birthday. Harbaugh’s sister Joani is married to Indiana basketball coach Tom Crean, and back in 2012, while head coach of the San Francisco 49ers, Harbaugh served as a manager for the Hoosiers for a game, bringing chairs out for the team during timeouts, among other things. Indiana jokingly wished their most famous former manager a happy birthday this afternoon.Of course, Harbaugh is no longer coaching in the NFL or the Pac-12. He is at a rival Big Ten school, and some Hoosier fans don’t appreciate this gesture, no matter how tongue-in-cheek as it may be.Well, we thought it was pretty funny, at least.
Urban MayockUrban Meyer is part of the NFL Network’s draft coverage this evening. After the Dallas Cowboys took Notre Dame linebacker Jaylon Smith early in the second round, it was brought up that Smith’s brother, Rod, is on the Cowboys. Rod Smith also played at Ohio State for Meyer before getting dismissed in 2014. Meyer apparently wanted to talk about that fact tonight, but NFL Network expert Mike Mayock wouldn’t let him get a word in. Watch Meyer point to himself as if he’s saying, “can I talk?” It’s pretty funny. Urban trying to get in to talk about Jaylon Smith’s brother Rod (former Buckeye) and Mike Mayock having none of it pic.twitter.com/a9YGIofjY5— Lloyd Ribner III (@LloydRibner) April 29, 2016The NFL Draft is currently airing on both ESPN and the NFL Network.
VANCOUVER – British Columbia is predicted to have solid economic growth through 2020 by a trade association of credit unions.Central 1 Credit Union says 2017 was a year of “stellar growth” and the positive momentum will continue in B.C. for the next 24 months, despite a slower housing market.The new forecast calls for a three per cent growth in the province’s real gross domestic product, which is the inflation-adjusted value of all goods and services produced in B.C.Growth is expected to slow to just over two per cent next year, but Central 1 economists are calling for a rebound to 3.3 per cent by 2020, marking what they say has been “more than a decade of uninterrupted annual growth.”Federal lending restrictions, provincial government policies and stepped up home construction will combine to keep a lid on B.C.’s housing market, but Central 1 does not foresee a price correction.Bryan Yu, deputy chief economist at Central 1, says warning flags include trade disruptions due to trade wars or disputes over renewal of the North American Free Trade Agreement, but he says B.C.’s exports are spread across the province, limiting some of the risk.Yu also forecasts faster wage growth for B.C. workers, as average unemployment moves toward four per cent over the next two years.“Employers will face increasing challenges in finding workers to support operations as employment is constrained by growth in the labour force due to an aging population,” he says in a news release.Overall, Yu predicts a surge in investment by the end of the decade as major private and public works projects get underway.“B.C.’s economy remains in a strong position with consumer demand underpinned by high employment and income growth, rising exports and government spending,” he says.