From a resident’s perspective, Woods also took issue with the idea that getting rid of the recycling tax was a good thing. “They were saying we pay 60 dollars a year, I’d be willing to pay 120 a year just to make sure the recycling is going and being processed and not going to the landfill,” she said. The new law requires garbage hauling companies operating in Tioga County be to take residents’ recycling with their garbage for an additional fee, which would replace the current recycling tax residents find on their bill. Residents will also have the option of bringing their recyclables to a transfer station themselves. “As a garbage company we just pick up garbage we’ve never picked up recycling,” she said. “Now the county is coming out saying in three months we’re going to be obligated to pick up the recycling, so we’ve got a lot of questions,” she said. Legislative Chair Martha Sauerbrey says the county’s current contract with Taylor Garbage expires at the end of the year. When the county sought bids for a new one, the lowest bid was double what the county is currently paying. Sauerbrey says the county’s concern was that the cost would be passed on to the tax payer. County Sustainability Manager Dr. Ellen Pratt kicked off the meeting with a presentation detailing the bid that was rejected. She said the contract would cost 2.48 Million dollars per year, 1.26 Million dollars more than what the county is paying currently. She argued that would push the county’s property tax rate higher than the state property tax cap. Multiple speakers agreed that if given the choice, they would take the higher recycling tax over having to coordinate pickup with their hauler on their own. Esther Woods owns a garbage hauling company in Nichols. She says her company is not equipped to pick up recycling and isn’t being given enough time or information to plan ahead, if the law goes into effect as scheduled in January. Those in attendance had the opportunity to voice their concerns with many like Doug Barton of Owego arguing that they feared by making recycling the responsibility of the resident, many would choose not to recycle at all. “Some will mix the garbage in with their recyclables at un-monitored drop offs, and some will deposit papers bottles and cans along roadways,” he argued “Tourism’s new motto will be ‘welcome to the litter gateway of the Finger Lakes.” The meeting was held at the Ronald E Dougherty Office Building introducing the new law. OWEGO (WBNG) — Tioga County Residents had the opportunity to voice their concerns about the County’s new recycling law at a public hearing Wednesday.
Pension funds could be exempt from appointing a depository under the latest, and final, revision of the IORP Directive before negotiations with the European Parliament get underway.The fourth compromise draft drawn up during Italy’s presidency of the Council of the EU also sees a streamlining of recommendations for the Pension Benefit Statement (PBS), and relaxes wording on requirements for the management of the funds to be “fit and proper”.First published on 21 November, the draft was on 28 November endorsed as the compromise to be used during negotiations with the European Parliament.The Latvian government, which will assume the rotating council presidency for the first six months of 2015, will begin negotiations next year, with the aim of passing the revised Directive after its first reading in Parliament. In the negotiating mandate, the council said four key issues – the PBS, the risk-evaluation for pensions framework, regulating for the use of a depository and refining cross-border requirements – had been addressed.The presidency was therefore confident the draft represented a balanced approach able to obtain the support of a “vast qualified majority”.The draft upon which negotiations will be based has relaxed requirements for the appointment of a depository, stating that it would be up to individual member states to account for the “nature, scale and complexity” of schemes when deciding whether they will need to appoint anyone.Other revisions that will please the UK market include changes for “fit and proper management” of IORPs, as earlier wording requiring all people involved in the institutions to possess professional qualifications were seen to rule out the use of lay trustees.Instead, the revised draft requires the scheme’s governing body as a whole to have the requisite experience, and ensure that “qualifications, knowledge and experience are collectively adequate”.A key change is the reinsertion of IORPs as a “pension institution with a social purpose”, distancing the Directive from earlier wording that regarded pension funds as financial service providers.The concerns revolve around the IORPs’ often unique anchoring in social and labour law, with services mandated after agreement with social partners, rather than classing the provision as a financial product on par with that offered by insurers.Finally, the draft continues to see the prescription surrounding the PBS reduced, with only two of the initial eight articles on the statement remaining within the Directive.An earlier compromise text saw the European Insurance and Occupational Pensions Authority stripped of its responsibility for drafting the risk-evaluation for pensions guidelines.Correction: The article initially stated that the latest draft continued to refer to IORPs as ‘financial service providers’. However, this was a reference removed from the second draft published by the Council of the EU on 28 November. Instead, mention of IORPs as ‘pension institutions with a social purpose’ was once again included.
The former Liverpool captain posted a picture of one of his daughters alongside Dalglish on Instagram and wrote “Get well soon king” in a nod to his old manager’s nickname.Dalglish’s family released a statement Friday night which confirmed the 69-year-old had been hospitalized on Wednesday in order to treat a separate infection which required intravenous antibiotics.Dalglish won nine league titles during his time as player and manager at Liverpool.The former Celtic and Scotland forward was given a routine test for COVID-19 after being admitted and the result showed up as positive – although he is displaying no symptoms.The statement said: “In keeping with current procedures, he was subsequently tested for Covid-19 despite having previously displayed no symptoms of the illness. Unexpectedly, the test result was positive but he remains asymptomatic.” Share This StoryFacebookTwitteremailPrintLinkedinRedditThe Latest on the effects of the coronavirus outbreak on sports around the world:Steven Gerrard is leading the well-wishes for Kenny Dalglish after it was revealed the Liverpool great had tested positive for coronavirus.Gerrard played under Dalglish when he returned to manage Liverpool for a second stint between January 2011 and May 2012. Associated Press April 11, 2020 The Latest: ‘Get well soon king’, Gerrard tells Dalglish ___More AP sports: https://apnews.com/apf-sports and https://twitter.com/AP_Sports,Tampa Bay Lightning advance to face Dallas Stars in Stanley Cup finals, beating New York Islanders 2-1 in OT in Game 6
Related Articles TVBET passes GLI test for five live games in Malta and Italy August 25, 2020 Share Share Kambi takes full control of LeoVegas sportsbook portfolio August 26, 2020 StumbleUpon Submit Björn Nilsson: How Triggy is delivering digestible data through pre-set triggers August 28, 2020 Updating the market, LeoVegas Group AB has informed that Johan Styren has officially stepped down from his leadership position as CEO of LeoVegas Gaming Ltd (Malta subsidiary).A founding team executive, Styren has led LeoVegas Malta operations since 2012, joining the mobile first operator from Unibet Plc.LeoVegas governance informs that Styren will continue as a director of the company until 30 June, helping the operator during its transitional period. At present, LeoVegas will handle Styren leadership responsibilities within the framework of the existing organisation.Gustaf Hagman, Group CEO and LeoVegas co-founder personally thanked Styren for his contribution to company growth and strategy.“Johan has been very valuable to LeoVegas, primarily by being part of building our business in Malta. Johan has been part of creating what LeoVegas is today and I want to thank him for his amazing effort during his 5 years at LeoVegas. I wish him all the best in the future,” said Hagman.Leaving LeoVegas’ executive team, Styren commented on the firm: “When I started at LeoVegas 2012 we had just launched and had no customers. Today we are market leaders.”“Since then, we have managed to build the world’s best mobile casino, added sports games and live casino, listed on Nasdaq First North and made LeoVegas one of the best gaming companies in the world. After more than five fantastic years, I feel it’s time to move on to new challenges.”