Report Pepe turns down Arsenal for Monaco move

first_imgFormer Real Madrid defender Pepe has reportedly turned down a move to Arsenal in favour of joining AS MonacoThe 35-year-old is a free agent after leaving Turkish side Besiktas in December and had been linked with a return to Portugal at FC Porto.But L’Equipe reports that Pepe will instead join Monaco, despite a late attempt by Arsenal to hijack the deal.Premier LeaguePremier League Betting: Match-day 5 Stuart Heath – September 14, 2019 Going into the Premier League’s match-day five with a gap already beginning to form at the top of the league. We will take a…Unai Emery’s side are on the lookout for defensive reinforcements in this month’s transfer window with Rob Holding sidelined for the rest of the season.Out-of-favour Juventus defender Medhi Benatia is allegedly being lined up in a trade deal involving Aaron Ramsey for Arsenal.Meanwhile, Monaco are expected to sign Chelsea and former Arsenal midfielder Cesc Fabregas shortly as new manager Thierry Henry attempts to steer the club clear of the relegation zone in Ligue 1.last_img read more

Wilmington Contractor Settles Allegations Of Illegal Asbestos Work Dumping At Muse Ave

first_imgShare this:TwitterFacebookLike this:Like Loading… RelatedLETTER TO THE EDITOR: Contractor Tells His Side Of Story Regarding 13 Muse Ave. DemolitionIn “Letter To The Editor”Lender To Cancel $1.6 Million In Loans Made To Former ITT Tech Students At Wilmington & Norwood CampusesIn “Government”BREAKING: Board Of Health Fines Contractor $6,000 & Revokes Septic License Over Muse Ave FiascoIn “Government” BOSTON, MA — A Wilmington contractor and his two companies will pay up to $125,000 to settle allegations that employees illegally removed and disposed of asbestos and construction debris while demolishing a home in the town, Attorney General Maura Healey announced today.“Construction and demolition work involving asbestos must be done in a safe and legal way to protect workers and the public,” AG Healey said. “We will take action against contractors who illegally dispose of asbestos and put the public at risk of harm.”The consent judgment, entered Friday in Suffolk Superior Court, settles a lawsuit filed by the AG’s Office that alleges Langone Development Group, Inc. (a contracting company), 3 Holly Street, LLC (the property owner), and Jonathan S. Langone (the president and manager of both companies), violated the state’s clean air law while haphazardly knocking down a single-family house in Wilmington. The lawsuit alleges the defendants failed to remove exterior asbestos shingles from the house and did not take any necessary safety precautions.The AG’s Office alleges the defendants’ actions caused a visible dust cloud of asbestos to be emitted in the air, putting the health of their workers and residents in the Wilmington neighborhood at risk.The lawsuit also alleges that the Langone and his employees violated the state’s solid waste management act by illegally dumping large pieces of construction debris in a deep pit they dug on the property, even though they reported that solid waste from their demolition activities would be disposed of at a permitted facility, as required.“Massachusetts requires protective measures whenever asbestos removal, handling and disposal are involved in order to protect the public from the health hazards associated with airborne asbestos fibers,” said MassDEP Commissioner Martin Suuberg. “Persons who seek to avoid costs by violating applicable laws and regulations will be subject to enforcement including appropriate penalties.”Under the terms of the settlement, the defendants will pay up to $125,000 in penalties, with $25,000 suspended for three years pending compliance with the terms of the agreement.Asbestos is a mineral fiber that has been used in a wide variety of building materials, from roofing and flooring, to siding and wallboard, to caulking and insulation. If asbestos is improperly handled or maintained, fibers can be released into the air and inhaled, potentially resulting in life-threatening illnesses, including asbestosis, lung cancer, and mesothelioma. Asbestosis is a serious, progressive, and long-term disease for which there is no known effective treatment. Mesothelioma is a rare form of cancer that is found in the thin membranes of the lung, chest, abdomen, and heart, that may not show up until many years after exposure, and that has no known cure, although treatment methods are available to address the effects of the disease.AG Healey has made asbestos safety a priority, as part of the office’s “Healthy Buildings, Healthy Air” Initiative that was announced in March 2017 to better protect the health of children, families, and workers in Massachusetts from health risks posed by asbestos. Since September 2016, the AG’s Office, with the assistance of MassDEP, has successfully brought asbestos enforcement cases that together have resulted in more than $2.8 million in civil penalties.For more information on asbestos and asbestos-related work, visit MassDEP’s website outlining asbestos construction and demolition notification requirements.This case was handled by Assistant Attorney General Meghan Davoren of AG Healey’s Environmental Protection Division, with assistance from Senior Regional Counsel Colleen McConnell, Asbestos Program Section Chief John Macauley, and Asbestos Program Environmental Analyst Grady Dante, all of MassDEP’s Northeast Regional Office in Wilmington.(NOTE: The above press release is from the Massachusetts Attorney General’s Office.)Like Wilmington Apple on Facebook. Follow Wilmington Apple on Twitter. Follow Wilmington Apple on Instagram. Subscribe to Wilmington Apple’s daily email newsletter HERE. Got a comment, question, photo, press release, or news tip? Email wilmingtonapple@gmail.com.last_img read more

Samsung Teases Foldable Phone Ahead of February 20 Unpacked Event

first_imgSamsung further teased its upcoming foldable phone Monday with a video for its upcoming Galaxy Unpacked event on February 20. The video is titled “The future unfolds,” and clearly features a two-screen device capable of being folded and unfolded.The Korean consumer electronics giant has been working on a foldable phone for years. It first announced at its developer conference in November that it would launch such a device in 2019, which coincided with an announcement from Google promising Android support for foldable phones.Little is known yet about the specs and features of the device, which is likely going to be premium-priced. Samsung is also expected to announce its new Galaxy S10 phone at the February 20 event. The company’s next flagship phone will likely feature a pinhole front-facing camera, doing away with he need for a notch for an edge-to-edge screen, according to recently-reported leaks. Popular on Variety ×Actors Reveal Their Favorite Disney PrincessesSeveral actors, like Daisy Ridley, Awkwafina, Jeff Goldblum and Gina Rodriguez, reveal their favorite Disney princesses. Rapunzel, Mulan, Ariel,Tiana, Sleeping Beauty and Jasmine all got some love from the Disney stars.More VideosVolume 0%Press shift question mark to access a list of keyboard shortcutsKeyboard Shortcutsplay/pauseincrease volumedecrease volumeseek forwardsseek backwardstoggle captionstoggle fullscreenmute/unmuteseek to %SPACE↑↓→←cfm0-9Next UpJennifer Lopez Shares How She Became a Mogul04:350.5x1x1.25×1.5x2xLive00:0002:1502:15last_img read more

ZEE launches TV channel in S Africa

first_imgZee Entertainment Enterprises Limited (ZEEL), one of the country’s leading media and entertainment companies, on Wednesday announced the launch of a new television channel, Zee World, in Johannesburg.Zee World will be available from February 3 on DSTV channel 166. It is a general entertainment channel and is the first offering from ZEEL for mainstream viewers in Africa. The channel aims to showcase television series, Bollywood movies, reality shows and more action-packed content through the new channel. Also Read – I-T issues 17-point checklist to trace unaccounted DeMO cash”The corporate positioning of ‘Vasudhaiva Kutumbakam’ meaning ‘the world is my family’ is the driving force that enables us to bring authentic and entertaining content to global audiences, with a vision to reach a billion viewers by 2020,” Essel group and ZEEL chairman, Subhash Chandra said in a media statement. Speaking about the new channel, ZEEL chief executive officer – Middle East and Africa, Mukund Cairae said, “We will launch with four award winning series like Saloni, Laali, Married Again and The Promis.” Also Read – Lanka launches ambitious tourism programme to woo Indian tourists“The channel will also introduce other genres such as world drama series and shows on kids, food, reality and health before the end of the year 2015.” All content that will be aired has undergone extensive research and customisation including editing and dubbing with most of the channel’s content dubbed in South Africa using local talent. With a strong worldwide presence, boasting over 34 channels which entertains 730+ million viewers across 169 countries, ZEEL first ventured into Africa 18 years ago as the company’s first international territory.last_img read more

ShareTweet

first_imgShareTweet A DRUNK driver who took a chance to get behind the wheel of his car and go for a pizza ended up with a few extra toppings he wasn’t expecting.He was arrested by police in Derry after several attempts to evade local officers.His drunken escapade which put the lives of other drivers in danger has since ended in court where he got a driving ban and a £500 fine. “It didn’t end there as he tried to reverse the car again. “He was quickly dissuaded of that notion when baton strikes started to shatter the windows around him. “Two fresh hot Pizzas were sadly left behind in the car.“He had the weekend in Strabane custody suite to consider his actions before being charged to Court on Monday morning for driving with excess alcohol and dangerous driving. “He’s left Court with a £500 fine, a 15 month driving disqualification and must reset his test.“His first mistake? He should have got the pizzas delivered!” Pizza-loving drunk driver arrested by police in Derry handed 15-month road ban was last modified: February 19th, 2019 by John2John2 Tags: An officer writing on PSNI Foyle’s Facebook page said: “On Friday Night this car failed to stop for Ballyarnett Neighbourhood Team and sped down Buncrana Road.“Unfortunately for him another member of Ballyarnett NPT was driving the car in front. “When they put in a Check Point our Suspect panicked and started reversing at speed back up the Buncrana Road. “His cunning escape failed when he ‘J Turned’ into the Police car behind him. BALLYARNETT NPTBUNCRANA ROADDERRY COURTFacebookPizza-loving drunk driver arrested by police in Derry handed 15-month road banPolicePSNI FOYLElast_img read more